June 28, 2012

Funny boy

Ian Alexander
Ian Alexander at 5 months

This is Ian Alexander, who comes to visit us every day. He is about 5 1/2 months old now.

He's so funny and such a happy boy. Arexy says that his brothers fight over who is going to hold him or play with him, so it sounds like he's used to non-stop attention at home. He likes to grin and put on a show to tempt me to pick him up. "Look at me! I'm so cute!" It works every time. Here are some examples from last week.

Ian Alexander
Are you going to pick me up?


Ian Alexander
Awww, come on!

Ian Alexander
Pleaaaase!

Ian Alexander
Look at me! How can you resist?

Ian AlexanderHere he gets less attention because his mom is busy, but he's really a pretty good kid. He must stay up late at night because he sleeps a lot in the mornings. I usually spend some time with him in the afternoon. I only speak English to him for two reasons: 1) I don't want to confuse him with my accent, and 2) maybe he'll learn English from me! El Jefe talks to him in Spanish and Arexy hardly talks to him at all.

The only exception to speaking English is that every single day when he and Arexy leave, I say, "Ian, adios!" and wave at him. And 99 times out of 100, I'm rewarded with a smile or a laugh. I'm still waiting for when he says waves back.

Ian Alexander
Ian is generally pretty content to sit on my lap in front of the computer, with a stuffed bear between him and the screen to play with or try to eat, depending on his mood. Sometimes he shows interest in the screen if there is some movement. Right now he's small enough that I can type around him. ;-)

He's not exactly crawling yet but he's starting to move around a lot. He lays on a yoga mat and has started throwing himself around to turn over. Sometimes that hurts because he throws himself down on the hard ceramic floor bumping his nose or chin. When he pushes himself around on his belly, he tends to push until his head rams into a table leg. Ouch! We're going to get him one of those bouncy chairs if we can find one. I think he'll really like that.

Don't you wish you had one of these to play with? ;-) It's especially great that when he cries or gets stinky, I can just give him back to his mama.

Newer posts Older posts
Home

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...