May 26, 2008

What's with the hair?

badly coiffed mannequins, La Ceiba, HondurasCarrion department store window, La Ceiba, Honduras

These are the display windows outside the Carrion department store, one of the nicer stores in La Ceiba. Those mannequins just cracked me up. I wondered if:
1. Whoever prepared the display just forgot to fix the wigs and the manager hasn't noticed yet,

2. They didn't have any men's wigs so they chopped off some women's wigs with a machete, or

3. There are some new fashionable men's hair styles that haven't made it to Honduras yet.

badly coiffed mannequins, La Ceiba, HondurasWhatever! There isn't a man in La Ceiba who would be caught dead with hair like this. I find them more disturbing than the headless mannequins. The fact that they don't even bother to put the wigs on straight disturbs me a lot, too. Do you really want your customers to laugh at your display windows?

We walked through the door and right in front of us were some more male mannequins with the same style wigs. I started to take a close up photo when the guard informed me that photos were prohibited − like maybe I have a competing store and am going to copy those styles or something.

badly coiffed mannequin, La Ceiba, HondurasOkay, I submitted to the armed one downstairs, but once I was upstairs, I couldn't resist getting a shot of yet another badly coiffed mannequin.

Fashion Fabi, they need you!

That reminds me, I really need to get a haircut.
Newer posts Older posts
Home

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...