December 18, 2007

The mountains are gone

La Ceiba, Honduras
There is supposed to be a mountain in that 'vee' formed by the trees. That mountain is our weather predictor. When it starts to disappear, we know that we are going to have rain. We can even get an idea of how long it will be before the rain. I don't know what we'll do when the trees grow and cover our view as they have done with most of the rest of the mountains behind our property.

socks and flip flopsYesterday and today have been so cold that we didn't even open the windows. Last night the news reported that the temperature in La Ceiba was 21°C (69°F). I can also tell that we've had more 'cold' weather than usual this rainy season as I'm starting to get a hole in my sock.

Yesterday I noticed how pretty the pink ginger looked framed by the coconut palms. I took this picture and got this interesting result.

pink gingers in the rain, La Ceiba, Honduras
It looks like there are glowing candles floating in the air outside. I guess it was the reflection of the rain drops.


Newer posts Older posts
Home

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...