January 7, 2007

This and that, January 7

Click here to join honduras_living


Honduras Living

Our little Honduras Living group is doing well! We already have 30 members − not bad for 3 days in business, eh? (eh = Canadian for huh? or right?) I especially like those who can answer questions. So if you are interested in Honduras and you can answer questions, ... or ask questions, ... or even just lurk, come on and join us.

Just enter your email address in the box under "subscribe to Honduras Living" at right or click where noted above.


Conchita

Two broody hens

Is this a seasonal thing? Now both Conchita and Carmen have
gone broody. It makes me feel so guilty when I take their eggs away and make them go out in the garden to work. They want to be mommies!

Nikon Coolpix L6

New camera


I'm getting my brand new camera today! I know it's a bad idea to tell you, because now I have no excuse for lousy pictures, but you know me,
I tell you everything. Katrina, a fellow La Ceiba blogger, got it for me while she was home for Christmas. She's coming back today and we are taking her out to dinner tonight (Arrecife's) to try to repay the big favor. I feel like a kid at Christmas waiting to open my present.

It's a Nikon Coolpix L6 which will take up to 15 minutes of video with sound. It has 6.0 megapixels (whatever that means), 3x optical zoom, 2 1/2 inch LCD screen, and, oh, a bunch of other stuff that I don't know what it means but I'm sure it's good stuff.

The battery life is supposed to be extremely long, for example 1,000 shots on 2 AA lithium batteries. My current camera has a proprietary rechargeable battery with about a 3 1/2 minute life whether or not you take any photos.

The new camera is supposed to automatically focus on the face − I wonder if it recognizes dog and chicken faces?


There I go again, stealing photos from friends, FH-1100 Pilot

Fly by

Another fellow Honduran blogger, FH-1100 Pilot, from the Island of Guanaja is planning on doing a 'fly-by.' How cool is that? He flies his helicopter to La Ceiba frequently and he has been looking for my house from the little sneak peeks that I give in my blog. Come on! La Ceiba isn't that small. So I gave him directions. I hope I'm dressed when he comes by so I can go out and wave at him.

I told El Jefe about it and he's still shaking his head, trying to figure out all this blogging stuff. I said that Bob could land on the empty lot next to ours, but then we both decided that if he did that, all the neighbors would assume we were drug dealers. El Jefe would give an arm and a leg to go on a helicopter ride.



Jan. 4, 2007, La Prensa, Honduras
Look at that smirk. He knows he has nothing to worry about.

Speaking of drug dealers

Interpol captured a big Honduran drug lord who was hiding out in Columbia. It seems both the U.S. and Honduras wanted him. Guess who got him? Yup, Honduras. He's being held in a special high security cell. That means it might take him three weeks to escape, instead of the two weeks it took him last time when the judge decided he deserved "home stay" instead of jail while he was awaiting trial.


The good news is that there will be a few new rich folk in Honduras. I can't remember reading about a drug dealer actually being prosecuted in all the time I've been in Honduras. Do you know that some policemen, who make on average $165 per month, have four homes? Hmmmm, how could this be?

Newer posts Older posts
Home

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...