October 30, 2006

Cold Front, October 30

Street in El Toronjal, La Ceiba

After 24 hours of rain, we have had a cold front move in. It's been cloudy and dark. Right now, at 1:00 in the afternoon, it is 77°F (25°C) with 93% humidity.

It hasn't been this cool mid-day since last January. The weather forecast is showing a low of 66°F (19°C) tonight and expected highs no more than 80°F (27°C) for the next four days this week. I guess I'll have to get out the comforter for the bed tonight.

I used to laugh at these frente frios (cold fronts) but I guess my blood has thinned because it feels positively cold. Brrrr! I have on sweat pants and am wearing socks with my flip-flops. If you think I'm bad, the water man just showed up wearing a heavy down winter jacket!


Yesterday the temperature ranged from 71-75°F (22-24°C) with humidity of 72% to 94%. The rain ruined my plans of going around town with Bound for Ceiba to take photos for some of my blog article drafts. But don't think that I'm complaining! This weather is a welcome relief from the heat.

The photo at top shows what many of the roads in town look like after a rain. The next two photos are my feeble attempts to capture the force of the rain coming off the eave of the house.

Oh, I just found out that Bound for Ceiba has some good pictures of what it looked like in town yesterday.
Newer posts Older posts
Home

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...